FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL upgrades to C+ against wishes
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:02 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
It's getting frustrating that DL is frequently upgrading to C+ in spite of explicit wishes against them doing so. It's happening with regularity and defiantly (bold disobedience).

This has happened three times to me or my family recently. In each case, the PNR preferences (and profile preferences) were set to exclude any upgrade to C+.

My daughter had it happen to her about three weeks ago. It took a call to get it corrected because she had already checked in and the app wouldn't let her change it.

It happened to me three weeks ago while in ELP and I was sitting at the gate. The gate agent seemed incredulous that I would NOT want their marvelous C+ seat. She did not even seem aware that customers can explicitly exclude the PNR from upgrades from "Main Cabin" to C+.

And just last night, I get the e-mail that informs me of an upgrade from my preferred exit row to DL C+ on a flight from ATL-SMF in late November. DL C+ is not an "upgrade" to me in any way if I have to give up an emergency row to get it. Fortunately, I was awake at 3:30 am when the e-mail came through and I reclaimed my exit row seat where the rest of my family was sitting (separate PNR).

DL - please stop the unwanted upgrades to C+.
For your gate "upgrade" to C+, were you on the C+ upgrade list for the flight or did the GA just notice your status and decide to move you?