FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brutalist Architecture & Otherworldly Yugoslav Monuments (Russia/Bulgaria/ex-Yugo)
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:49 pm
YU_GO_GONE

A Hidden Waterfall, Wine Ice cream, stunning Mosque and the Leaning Clock Tower

For our last day in Tbilisi we visited the ‘Leaning Tower of Tbilisi’ which is a clock tower that is home to a puppet theatre. The tower has mosaics featured on it and is surrounded by picturesque scenery. The fact the tower leans is strange, but it was built by a renowned puppeteer Rezo Gabriadze. The tower is new and was added by Gabriadze in 2011. It is a little fairytale of a structure and is very beautiful. The feel of the place cannot be experience through photos – as an aside rant, vicarious living can only take you so far. It is only when you are standing in amidst this square that you truly experience what this clock tower has to offer. The vibes, the feelings and ambiance are incredible. Like most things in Tbilisi! Tbilisi in itself, is very picturesque and quaint, places like this have an abundance of wealth to offer all those who visit them. They are mish mash of modern and old entwined together to give the end result – Tbilisi. We truly, loved Tbilisi and the other sites we visited. I feel it is one of those places which stays in your heart and that you remember with the fondness of an friend. I love looking at these photos, but it is not until I glance at the photos and videos in totality do I ask myself, how was I ever there? So come and experience it with us, you go gone with us..

Here is the YouTube below which attempts to do Tbilisi justice:

This mosque is incredible! Named the Jumah Mosque it is a Turkish Sunni mosque

I love everything watermelon, so naturally this watermelon drink was hit with me!

This purple wine ice cream we first tried in Mtskheta and it was delicious! We highly recommend this!!! It has become a new favourite of ours!!! And its purple like the galaxy stars you used to draw in kindergarten! Who doesn’t love purple!

This is the amazing clock tower!!!!

Off to Russia we go!! Stay tuned for more places to see and meals to eat! 😊:-::-::-:

Last edited by YU_GO_GONE; Oct 23, 2017 at 1:54 pm