FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W5 investigation on pilot fatigue - AC incidents mentioned
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:25 pm
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by jaysona
Heh! My post elicited some of the typical responses I was expecting.
An admission to trolling?
Responses from some of the usual suspects
I'm betting I'm one of this crowd.
Arrogance by some that think they are knowledgeable about a topic because they have read a few wikipedia articles and participate in forums such as this - yet don't even work intimately in the industry related to the topics they are commenting on.
I only have 28 years in the industry (many of which predate Wikipedia) and am thus probably a ways away yet to be considered eligible for meaningful contribution.

My original assertion still stands, the W5 statement about "almost led to a midair collision" is ignorant at best or disingenuous at worst...

I am aviation hack that despises lazy journalism on anything aviation related andi have absolutely zero respect for any journalist that misleads the public (whether intentionally or due to negligence) such that the public then draw inaccurate conclusions due to lack of proper context in the reporting.
This is all fine & well. I too, am not a fan of lazy journalism on any topic, and being familiar with aviation, am perturbed by inaccuracies, assumptions and factual errors in related articles. I'm sure aviation is not the only line of work in which misinformation is published. But let's not be so confused as to assume all journalists are incapable of producing worthy reports on a given topic. One wonders where this clear bias originates?[/QUOTE]

I am quite familiar with the TSB AIR A11F0012, as it is one of the hundreds of reports from around the world I had to read through as part of the design, testing and certification activities I spent more than six years engaged in.
I read the report on the Concorde crash, but despite my lengthy history with airplanes and flying, don't claim to be any more an expert on that issue than anybody else with access to the internet.

CPL for which operator? Type rating?
Just curious: how does this matter?