FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:47 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by findark
For all its decline, UA GS is still an extremely valuable status, if only for the ton of upgrade instruments and award travel benefits that can save you money especially on leisure travel. If you're finding that, without really forcing it, your travel qualifies you for GS, I still think it's the best bet out there.
Sure, GS is the best that UA has, but when UA's product is slipping once again, why not look for the best option route by route? If I was spending the kind of money it takes to earn GS, I'd disregard status and select my flights according to who offers the best business seat and business experience available. UA's Polaris might be one of the better C seats out there, but the Polaris soft product is already slipping from what it was when first rolled out. While UA is far from the worst in that regard, they aren't near the top end, either.

I was a multi year 1K who finally walked away from the seeking status craze, and I haven't missed it at all.