FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W5 investigation on pilot fatigue - AC incidents mentioned
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:28 pm
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yulred
For yyznomads sake, I'll keep it going.

Is it disingenuous to suggest that pointing your aircraft at an oncoming aircraft can lead to a collision. I don't think so. Either which way, you could have called the journalist out on that without disingenuously pretending not to know what incident he was talking about and then spewing bile about journalists writ large. That's pretty much the only reason some of us posted at all. Pilot fatigue is a well known and well covered issue (by the media, of all people). AC pilots complain about it regularly. Nothing new there.

If it helps, no one doubt your expertise on presumptive arrogance or disingenuity. Your first post is a wonderful example of it. Personally, I particularly like this line: "arrogance by some who think they are knowledgeable about a topic....yet don't even work intimately in the industry". It captures the essence of your post about journalists.

(PS - no I don't work in the industry. Don't want to either - the compensation isn't worth my time. Happy to leave it to others to get me to where I need to go - preferably without sleep deprived pilots mistaking stars for airplanes)
BTW, I seem to recall that the OP is an AC pilot.