FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WN Asks Pax to Stop Recording BWI Ejection
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:29 pm
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Cargo hold would be fine if it's the same temperature as the cabin. Because it isn't (which is why airlines won't fly pets in the cargo hold in the summer), they have to be in the cabin.

Don't like it, charter your own plane. A common carrier does not belong to any one passenger. It is shared space, and some people are not capable of sharing. They can go on their own.
The discussion is not whether the airlines allow pets in the cabin -- they do.

It's whether they should.

It's circular logic to say, "Airlines should allow pets in the cabin because they allow pets in the cabin." I love animals, and dogs in particular (cats not so much), but I'm of the opinion that airlines should not allow pets in the cabin, just as I'm of the opinion that a COS should be required to buy an extra seat or deplane. With respect to the latter, most airlines now have that as a rule, but it was only after significant customer feedback and complaints that airline policy changed.

I can explain why I don't think pets belong in the cabin, but, believe it won't include either the phrase, "because they just don't," or "if you want to fly with your pet, get a private jet."