FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:26 am
jameswes

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bknets88
How was your stay? Can we get a short review?
Two mini reviews:

Overall:
Great location in downtown indianapolis.
Very similar vibe to other Hyatt Regencies - big building, lots of rooms. Built around a big open interior space. Nice enough rooms, nothing either poor or spectacular.
If you have a higher floor room you have very good views of downtown.

Review #1:
I stayed here about a year ago on the weekend. The hotel was pretty full, so no upgrades (other than being on a high floor). The lounge was closed, so I got 2500 bonus points.

Breakfast was quite good in the restaurant (Fat Rooster). Good buffet, pretty typical of a HR. checkin/checkout was fast and easy. They originally forgot to take breakfast off the bill, but when I mentioned it, they took it off with no questions.

Review #2 :
I gave brother and his wife plus another couple three nights as Guest of Honor last January before the switchover to WoH. They loved the location since they were going to a Pacers game. They haven't stayed in as many middle-upper tier hotels so I think they were more impressed in general.
However, on the second day, the front desk said that they had an upgrade for them - to the presidential suite. They sent me a number of pictures and it was really nice - full dining rooms, living room (with artwork), two bedrooms, I think three bathrooms, they were amazed.