FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:13 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by tortellini
My experience until now. I have a flight CAI-DOH-MIA mid of October. It included an overnight in DOH, which we always prefer to do before heading to MIA.

The callcenter in the US and CANADA (I did quite a few HUTA) were just able to offer me ridiulous flights.

CAI-IST/BEY-DOH ... but leaving CAI in the afternoon, having to sleep in the lounge, arriving in DOH a few hours before our flight to MIA departs.

I tried many times to ask for a flight leaving CAI in the moring, arriving at DOH in the late afternoon, but they insist there is no availabilty. I will try more HUTAS.

A refund is not an option.
Check ME website for availability of earlier CAI departure. On my own suggestion the CAI-DOH with 13.00 departure was changed to

ME305 CAI-BEY 10.00-12.15 C class
QR417 BEY-DOH 13.40-17.45 F class

It might not be the flight availability, but possibly the need to provide you with hotel that is the culprit here, as the MIA flight leaves at 08.00 . Flying their own metal with overnight connection -> QR pays hotel stay. Flying on partner metal with shorter connection time -> no hotel