FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr 2018, old GFL is now the intl UC
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:34 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
I thought the ORD Polaris was available for arriving Polaris passengers. The SFO one is only for departing passengers. My Den flight leaves from 95 so I am disappointed and it's not worth it to walk to and from another UC(which makes me question my membership anyway),
A single lounge closure on one concourse at a single airport with 3-4 other lounges is enough to make question your membership? The horror of a five-minute walk!

The SFO lounge in question IS NOT a Polaris lounge. It is a temporary set-up until the actual Polaris lounge opens next year (allegedly). The size of the GFL can barely handle departing front-cabin passengers. If you've ever visited it (your thinking arriving Polaris customers should have access suggests you have not), you will know that severe restriction of access is necessary. It is not that big. Departing front-cabin overseas passengers would look at 8-across UA business seating as being spacious after being crammed in the (former) GFL.

I actually found the mezzanine lounge to be OK when I used it 2 tears ago (or whenever it was), even without a view. The E club can get totally jammed. The Rotunda club is a bit better than E, especially in the back work area.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 3, 2017 at 7:54 pm