FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:16 pm
mattp1987

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by southernmom
OK, I need help - I booked a JFK - SFO segment for 10/18 a few months ago and the RU still has not cleared. It looks like that's pretty typical. I did get a notice that the schedule changed so I can select different flights. Would you try another flight for RU or would you wait? it looks like 10 seats have been sold. (it's the 3:30 departure). Party of - and he is not diamond. I would appreciate any advice as I have never used regional upgrades. thanks.
You could always ask on the phone or @Delta on Twitter for them to check all the flights that day JFK-SFO to see if any have space for RUC use for 2 people. Then change to the flights with availability.

I've never done it for a schedule change, but I've booked flights over the phone this way multiple times. In fact, one time either Twitter team gave me bad info or RUC space dried up, so I made a free change during the risk-free cancellation period to depart one day earlier when there was availability (and same coach fare was available).