FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:08 pm
Tennen

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by AStarr
Will look forward to checking it out. My experience with United lounges so far has been limited to the one in Orlando and that wasn't so great but better than nothing.
United's lounge at LHR is an exception - it's probably the best United Club in the UA system. As for the other *A lounges at LHR, LH is by far the worst.

Personally, I'd choose:
UA for its showers (and shower amenities )
AC/SQ for lack of crowds
SQ for its food
LH for convenience of the T2A flights only

Originally Posted by sydunipete
Two weeks back I flew BCN to ARN flying SK in Y using my TK Gold Card. BCN is one of those airports served by several contract lounges - as per the Star Alliance Website and also provides Gold Fast Track as per the Star Alliance Website.

At Fast Track I get turned away saying "not at Barcelona".

At a lounge with a big Star Alliance logo on it I get turned away after being shown a letter about the termination and I get to do the walk of shame. (Several others were in the same position.)

I had a choice on this flight - Norwegian or SK. SK was double the price. I know which one I'll choose next time.
I haven't flown through BCN in a while, but Fast Track should still be a benefit. As you've said, it's clearly listed as Gold Track on the *A website. I wonder what's going on with that... As for the lounges, the lounge finder also is pretty clear that SK pax don't have access at BCN.