FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS Master Thread(2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:46 am
Mamibear

I spoke to one manager (not CVS) when they put up signs that ALL GCs were cash only to ask what made him come up with such policy and he said they were hit with a lot of chargebacks from stolen CCs. This was the time CHIP cards were just getting sent out. Whether it's true or not, IDK; after several months when they upgraded their registers for CHIP, the signs were removed.

DSs in my area accept CCs for GCs although I buy my GCs there only for the 5% RD and if they remove/replace all the variables with 4.95 fees and sell only those with 5.95 fees, I may just buy there for MSR purposes. Just in time when rats caused havoc, a fragile sock drawered CC came to the rescue and more than made up for the blue(s).

ETA: in relation to safety of CHIP cards, our Freedom cards have been sock drawered for a while until this Q4 offer. I completed the $1.5K spend on Sunday and now that I remember, signature screen didn't come up unlike using Disc and Citi for similar high amounts. Therefore, if these cards are stolen, thieves can go on a shopping spree with ease, they don't have to sign for top dollar transactions UNLESS the owner finds out and reports immediately to CC. Will test other chipped Freedom if it's the same thing.

Last edited by Mamibear; Oct 3, 2017 at 12:24 pm Reason: added vital info