FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Handling of laptop/tablet ban
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:28 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by timmillea
I booked BA IST-LHR on the understanding that when low-cost and charter airlines were announcing that they had implemented the extra measures to satisfy the DoT, BA would surely follow. I found this thread searching for an update. It appears IAG is 'cheaper' than low-cost and have taken a policy decision not to pay for the extra measures demanded.

There is not much remaining of a once-great airline.
That was an assumption on your part - an incorrect one as it turned out. So BA is not going to spend a lot of money on measures that may be lifted ( according to those who proport to be in the know - based to some extent on hearsay and gossip from what I can gather), and which exist nowhere else. I find them inconvenient, superfluous, not being party to the facts will obey them. What other carriers do or do not do is irrelevant to me - I want to know what BA is doing whether I like it or not.

It's all a blessed nuisance and maybe it is here to stay - like the liquid and gels. Why not blame the real culprits and that is the people who would detonate a device on a civilian aircraft carrying innocent people? I do.