FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG Pier F lounge access question
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:34 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by jaslmdm
I'm on the verge of booking an F award using AS miles, for LAX - HKG stopover - BKK. I know the intra-Asia flights tend to equipment swap quite a bit, so my question is, if I've booked the HKG-BKK leg in F but it gets downgraded to J, can I still access Pier/Wing F lounges? Or only J?

Really want to experience the Pier F lounge, so I guess I'd reverse the travel if I had to (BKK - HKG stopover - LAX) to guarantee F departure, even tho that would involve some tradeoffs elsewhere on my trip.
There are very few flights scheduled with F (i just did one two days ago). Like a couple per week.
In my experience, they chnage the scheduled equipment periodically. If you book months in advance, there is a good chance that there might be a change announced weeks before your flight and AS will reissue the ticket in J. Then you will not get access to the F lounge .
But there could also be last-minute equipment change as these 77W with F are primarily used longhaul and delays or incidents might require to use that 77W. For example, you bird coiuld arrive late from US and cannot run the day-time HKG-BKK-HKG. Then they will substitute a regional plane. if you OLCI 48h before and come to the airport with a F boarding pass, they might let you in the F lounge.

Be aware that CX uses two types of planes on this route. Either a regional bird with mediocre J seats or a longhaul plane (currently a lot of A350) with excellent J seat. But substitutions do occur.