FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Workarounds for attaining Diamond medallion in 2019
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:16 pm
CommentatusMaximus

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by 355F1
I had about 300,000 DL MQMs in 2017 so I figured I would switch most of my flying to OW.

After achieving AA's EXP PLT and getting 6 SWUs, which I was able to use on all flights including LAX-HKG, coupled with the chance to redeem Miles for INternational First Class--I've flown BA First 2 times and Cathay Pacific FIrst once last year, AND the awesome FC Lounges in LAX, HKG, LHR, I just don't have much of a need for DL anymore.

AA's partners are amazing.....and AA's 77W, which I have been able to pick every time except one, blows any of DL's J out of the water.

I will probably do 150k EQMs with AA/OW this year to get the 6 SWU's as I travel internationally 8-10 times per year for vacations.

I don't think DL is going to miss me, though.
AA/OW was my close second choice and I keep wondering if I should switch, probably the day DL makes it impossible for me to hit DM. My biggest issue is the lack of China flights. With CX vetoing I don't see how they are going to address that gap.