FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA [Master Thread]
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:39 pm
OliverB

Originally Posted by Nancy Colson
Can anyone tell me the difference between the DeLuxe King Rooms and the Executive Rooms? I've reserved an Executive Room because it was larger but, whenever I go to the booking I am asked if I want to upgrrade to a DeLuxe Room. I'm not understanding what the upgrade is.
See my post above. Their room rate structuring is totally absurd.

Exec rooms are larger and situated in corners of building; so more private and potentially quieter.

Deluxe rooms are smaller and don't have the added privacy of corner rooms, yet they're situated on the top few floors of the building.

They're "upgrading" you into a lousier more cramped space on a higher floor, and basically selling what should be their preferred executive rooms with the potential risk of getting shoved into one of the lower level ground floor units, in order to justify inflating the rates on smaller rooms.

Whether one chooses to pony up a bit more bread for a lousier room on a higher floor is a matter of how much one considers the threat of getting stuck two floors above an eight lane intersection at the San Diego Fwy... this is easily avoided by re-categorizing room inventory in a logical way.