FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton DFW Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth [Master Thread]
Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:45 pm
BlueHenFlyer

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Thumbs down Sheraton DFW Dallas Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Showed up at the Sheraton DFW on Tuesday night a little after midnight. My flight was actually on time (unlike all of the flight delays that were suffered), but I had always intended to get in late.

Got tiny little room on 5th floor and key card for 12th floor lounge. Was told that no other rooms were left because of "flight interruptions." Room had none of the usual Plat amenities (water, etc.) and had sheets that were torn. Room was about as small as a small room in Tokyo.

Got up around 6 AM - no newspaper - none in the lounge.

Checked out and got front desk manager - complained about room, was told that "when you checked in, that was all that was left" - translation - "we thought you missed your plane and gave a better room away." Complained about paper and was told "the storm interrupted delivery and we ran out before we got to your floor." Asked if I wanted one then (as I was leaving for work), I said yes and they gave me a used one that the bellman had been reading.

Asked about Sheraton Service Promise and was told "we gave you a newspaper, what else do you want?"

To me, this brings home the issue of Starwood not having something akin to Hilton's Zip In Check In or other check-in programs. The front desk manager also told me that as a franchise, they can't trust the credit card information in the *Wood reservation and have to "run every credit card and see ID before they'll release a room." How many deadbeat Plats are there (who are using their *Wood AmEx, too)?