FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:27 am
PaulInTheSky

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, but isn't he comparing apples to oranges? I don't recall another bonus structured exactly this way (with a separate brand count bonus component). If there was, please link to a thread for it. Thanks.
Marriott hasn't, but they definitely tried to get one from from SPG:

Two to four weeks.

If that's the way Marriott does it, then fine. However, you need to understand how much time is reasonable and acceptable. Are you going to be ok with them saying 20 weeks instead of 6-18? Customers are supposed to keep track of these promotions and take initiative to ask for it if they are somehow missing. When you don't have the dashboard showing your progress in summer promotion at your 'Account' page anymore, and I have to go out of my way to look for the progress in the Summer Megabonus page and keep a copy of it (screenshots, take pictures, whatever), I believe have a legitimate argument to question whether Marriott is really aware of what they are doing.

When we don't read the Ts&Cs, we are bad, we are responsible for it.
When we ask why it takes too long, we are bad, we are responsible for it.
When the points are missing and we don't keep track of them, we are responsible for it.

Yes, customers are always wrong, companies are always right.

https://www.spgpromos.com/bringonthe...language=en_US

SPG Pro Bring On the Bonus Promotion
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I earn bonus Starpoints?
SPG Pro Travel Professionals must register online at spg.com/bringonthebonus by 11:59 p.m. eastern time (ET) on April 15, 2017. Registered members can earn bonus Starpoints® for eligible client stays that are booked and occur between January 17, 2017, and April 15, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"), at any of the more than 1,300 hotels and resorts in the SPG program. This includes our 11 brands: Sheraton®, Westin®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Design Hotels™, Tribute Portfolio™, ElementSM, Aloft® and Four Points®.
What are eligible bookings for this promotion?
Eligible bookings are made at an eligible rate and have at least one night within the Promotion Period. The bookings must be made through a Global Distribution System, spg.com or by calling a Starwood Customer Contact Center or property directly. The booking must be correctly tagged with your SPG Pro member account number at the time of booking. Check the terms and conditions of the SPG program at spg.com/terms, for full details on eligible rates.
I didn’t register for the promotion until March 10, 2017. I had two qualified client stays that occurred on March 3, 2017. Will those bookings count towards the promotion?
Yes, you may register for the promotion any time before 11:59 p.m. eastern time (ET) on April 15, 2017. As long as your bookings have your correct SPG Pro number and are otherwise eligible, you will receive the bonus for all stays that were booked and occur between January 17, 2017 and April 15, 2017. If you registered for the promotion on March 10, 2017, your two client stays on March 3, 2017 would be eligible for bonus Starpoints.
I made a booking for a client in December 2016 with an arrival date in February 2017. Will that booking be eligible for bonus Starpoints?
No, only stays that are booked and occur between January 17, 2017 and April 15, 2017 will be eligible for the promotion. Members can register at any time during the Promotion Period.
How do I make sure I receive Starpoints when I book?
When making a booking through spg.com, enter your SPG Pro member account number in the SPG Pro/booker field. When calling a property directly or making a reservation through a Starwood Customer Contact Center, give them your SPG member account number to record on the reservation. If you are making a booking through a Global Distribution System, enter your SPG Pro member account number using the required format in the "Special Instructions" or "SI" field.
What is the required format for entering my SPG member account number in a Global Distribution System (GDS)?
For a Global Distribution System, you should enter SPGTA followed immediately by your personal SPG member account number and a space. If your SPG member account number is 123456789, you would enter SPGTA123456789 followed by a space. The space will help us ensure that any additional comments are kept separate. Even if you don't have additional comments, you need to enter the space.
I forgot to add my number when I made the booking, can I still get Starpoints?
SPG Pro requires that the membership number is included at the time of booking; the number cannot be added after the booking has been made.
How many bonus Starpoints can I earn?
A registered SPG Pro member can earn 500 bonus Starpoints for every eligible booking made on behalf of his or her clients whose stays were booked and occur between January 17, 2017, and April 15, 2017. A maximum of 10,000 bonus Starpoints (20 awards) can be earned by the SPG Pro Travel Professional during the Promotion Period.
When do I receive my bonus Starpoints?
Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member's account 2-4 weeks after each eligible client stay posts to the member’s account.
My colleague forwarded the promotion details to me. I don’t currently belong to SPG Pro; can I enroll now and also register for the promotion?
Yes, you may join SPG Pro as a Travel Professional at spg.com/enroll. You may then register for the promotion at spg.com/bringonthebonus by 11:59 p.m. eastern time (ET) on April 15, 2017.
Can I earn bonus Starpoints at Marriott hotels through this promotion?
No, eligible bookings for this promotion are at the 11 brands that participate in the SPG program: Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Element, Aloft and Four Points.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Oct 2, 2017 at 4:01 pm