FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Value of Platinum? [Merged threads]
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:09 am
Purjelentaja

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
I’m usually not very picky

that one time I was there, it was only for a few days and I did get food poisoning, which lasted maybe 5–6 days. It was partly my own fault since I decided to eat Western food etc. If I had stuck with local food, maybe I would have been luckier.

Those of you who have visited the Plaza Premium – what kind of food do they serve there? I’d assume a well-heated Indian dish from a buffet would be rather safe whereas anything cold, such as a salad bar (not thinking of the FTer salads now!) or a fruit salad would definitely be a no-no.
In India it is worth being very picky on what to eat and drink and where. To my experience when sticking to Indian food, and selecting the places to eat or drink very carefully, it helps alot in preventing problems. Not even my Indian friends eat at street food eateries to keep on the safe side. Buffets are at least for me no-go anywhere outside the very core of Western world (and that doesn't even include southern Europe) as hot items are practically never kept hot enough, and cold ones cold, making a dream come true environment for germs just waiting to ruin your days.

In the lounge at DEL they at least used to have kind of small buffet (buffet? India? read above!) with some hot and cold dishes, but I've never touched those, instead been happy with bottled drinks and hot tea, knowing that it is much safer to eat onboard.