FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG Pier F lounge access question
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:54 pm
DMPHL

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I'll just reiterate to the OP what I say on repeat: I have access to Pier F but voluntarily go to Pier J about half the time of my lounge visits down there.
This is such a reasonable and correct and RARE evaluation of Pier F vs. Pier J, I don't know what to say!

Pier F definitely has its virtues. And its virtues are many. The bar is very nice, the a la carte menu is decent, there is a short massage available if you're there long enough, day rooms if you can get them. But unless you're there at a time when it's not crowded at all, it's not markedly superior to Pier J.

Pier J is fantastic. Tons of food options: a delicious semi-buffet with great variety where someone serves you from behind a glass sneeze-guard; a large noodle bar; an entire tea lounge where someone brews a whole fresh pot of any kind of tea you could want; more buffet areas; sweets and pastries and fruits that are pretty much identical to the ones in Pier F (maybe minus a few options); identical showers to Pier F with identical Aesop products.

And it is enormous. Again, if it's really that important to you to experience Pier F and it won't affect the quality of your itinerary, then by all means go ahead and switch the stopover to your return. It is often a rare opportunity, and you will still be able to move to Pier J if Pier F gets too crowded.

But if it is going to be a hassle, or you are going to be stressed for time or have to forego any time or experiences in Thailand to shuffle your schedule, Pier F is definitely not worth that.