FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:54 am
jiaogulan

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Hate to be negative, since I know you are in a hurry, but it's my understanding that Barclays is reluctant to approve more than one Barclays account in a 6 month period. So depending on when you applied in Jan, you might want to wait a few more weeks so as to be over the 6 month threshold. But absolutely apply for the Barclays card first, then the B of A, and lastly the Chase. If you get lucky, Barclays will pull TU, and that HP won't show up for B/A when (as for me at least) they check with Exp. Since it can take some time for a new card to show up on a CR (the HP is immediate) if you apply for the B/A right after you get approved for the Barclays the B/A will be much easier. Then wait a few weeks at least before you apply for the Chase since they will most likely (yes, I'm guessing here} see the B/A HP even if the new card doesn't yet show up on the CR. Done in this sequence you have a very good chance of getting all 3 approved. Of course, YMMV, but this is the route of highest probability.
Well, as life goes things did not go as planned for me, haha.

I saw the notice of the Arrival+ bonus of 50K points ending so I applied in mid Sept. Sadly they laughed at my 6 new card accounts in the last 12 months (maybe 7 depending on when things fell off) and denied me. I got the AA Aviator from them in Jan 17 but I do not think that alone had anything to do with the denial.

Luckily I picked up the IHG and Hyatt Chase cards and Hilton Surpass AMEX immediately after the Barclays denial. The IHG Chase pulled Experian (with a 1 time pin to unfreeze) and for the Hyatt they tried to pull Equifax but it was showing up blank (no clue) so they pulled TransUnion which I thought was pretty funny.

For the Barclays Arrival+ they pulled TransUnion as expected (which I had temporarily unfrozen, which also allowed Chase to also pull TransUnion for the Hyatt (without even asking me) on the failed Equifax. My point for mentioning being, Barclays definitely hard pulled my TransUnion as an existing card holder even though they denied me ... unless it will fall off ... not that I am expecting that though.

Now to decide if I want to go for the BoA Alaska card or hang tight for a while.