FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family trip to Bali & 1st Indonesian domestic flight with 777
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:00 am
anak_negeri

Programs: GarudaMiles, KrisFlyer, FlyingBlue
Part 3: Denpasar - Jakarta by Lion Air (JT 31), Boeing 737-900ER

A day before the journey, I did the check-in process for all tickets, and this is my boarding pass.
*I forgot to take pics of the physical pass.

September 3rd, 2017. It was time to leave Bali and go back to our hometown. Together with my mom's oldest brother and his family who would take a Garuda flight to Jakarta at 9.20 a.m., we left our villa in Seminyak to Ngurah Rai Airport by a car hired through "Grab" app. The traffic was very friendly and we reached the airport in 30 minutes.

Arriving at the airport.

Long queue at check-in counter. Too bad that Lion Air didn't provide a special counter for those who had done the online check-in, so we had to join this long queue just to print our passes.

As we had only 20 minutes before boarding, we didn't have enough time to explore the airport.

Way to boarding gates.

If you forget to buy something in Bali, you can buy it here on the shops for last minutes before leaving.

Flight schedule of this morning. Our flight was JT31.

Waiting room, shared by all boarding gates. On my previous report I've told you that I really like this system, as we still can go freely anywhere before boarding.

Outside the terminal, an A320 of Batik Air had been ready for departure to Jakarta's Halim Airport.

Two Lions. At the left side was its newest Boeing 737 Max 8.

Only around 5 minutes in the waiting room, we had been called for boarding at 8.50 a.m.

This time we didn't use aerobridges to reach the plane. And this is our plane, with reg code PK-LFZ, delivered on May 2009.

Entering the plane. Honestly I felt that the cabin was less-maintained, especially if you see teared stickers on the seat tables.

Lion's 737 Max at our right side.

While waiting for boarding, I still had time to catch these pictures: Cebu Pacific and Wings Air.

The boarding process was finished and the plane was pushed back at 9.30 a.m (UTC+8). While Lion Air had been famous for its uncertain schedule, even parodied by some people as "LION = Late Is Our Nature", this time our flight departed on time. Cabin crews started the safety instructions. They were young and nice-looking.

The airport runway was unique that it was located on a reclaimed area surrounded by sea.

Then the plane flew safely and smoothly.

This is Bali's 1st toll road and also 1st toll road built on the sea.

Close to it was Tanjung Benoa area, where I and my family visited 2 days before. The area is popular as center of beach sport activities, especially snorkeling, banana boat, and jet ski.

Seat-belt sign was turned off. I opened the table and check all items inside the seat pocket.

In-flight food menu. IDR 50,000 (around USD 3.50-4.00) for this was too expensive for me.

Invocation Card, containing prayers from 6 official religions in Indonesia.

Amen.

"Lionmag" magazine. I was so proud that Lake Toba, my hometown, was featured here.

Entering Java Island. Here I saw beautiful views of Ijen and Semeru Mountains.

Cabin situation.

As no IFEs, my source of entertainment was only my cellphone, with musics and videos in it.

During the flight, we faced bad weather only 1 time. The rest was very smooth.

The plane started descending at 10.50 a.m. (UTC+7). View of Jakarta city started to be seen. This was reclaimed land in Pluit area, northern Jakarta.

Then we landed safely in Soekarno-Hatta Airport at 11.00 a.m.

Time to leave the plane and enter the terminal 1C building.

Baggage claim area.

Then we left the airport by an express bus to Serpong.

An A350 of Singapore Airlines caught by my cellphone while passing airport's Terminal 2.

OK, that's my report. Any suggestion and feedback are appreciated.