FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family trip to Bali & 1st Indonesian domestic flight with 777
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:57 am
anak_negeri

Programs: GarudaMiles, KrisFlyer, FlyingBlue
Part 2: Pictures of Bali (beach, museum, food, etc)

Actually I spent 3 days in Bali before going back to Jakarta, but as I was too busy with my family, I didn't take too many pictures of Bali, so I display them on this single post.

Seminyak Beach, the closest public beach from our villa.

Kuta Beach, probably Bali's most popular beach. When we came here, a Balinese religious ritual just started.

Pandawa Beach. It was recently developed as a new tourist site, especially for Indonesian visitors.

Garuda Wisnu Kencana. It was a huge statue that was still under construction. The completed parts were only the Garuda's head and Vishnu head & torso.

A Balinese theatrical dance performance, still in Garuda Wisnu Kencana area.

Blanco Museum, housing works of Filipino-Spanish painter Antonio Blanco who married a native Balinese woman and lived in Ubud, Bali until his death. This "gapura" (gate) was actually based on his handwritten signature. Unfortunately we were prohibited to take pictures inside the museum.

Mount Batur & Lake Batur in Kintamani. Here we had lunch at a local restaurant.

Finally, my favorite Balinese food: "babi guling" (roasted pig). One of famous "babi guling" stalls is Pak Malen in Sunset Road, near Kuta.