FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Front and backwards facing Business class seating
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:31 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Soupey202
Travelling with my husband it is nice to face each other and we keep the divider down, I don’t think I would like it with a stranger though.
You're not the first to raise this point, and I suppose there is an issue about proximity and directly facing the other passenger, but I do wonder how some people manage on trains, tubes or buses. One huge advantage of BA's set up is for almost all the flight you can just send the screen upwards, which isn't an option on most traditional side-by-side seating. Window seats really get the privacy that only suites can give, again something not widely available elsewhere. I find the Cathay seats very open on the aisle side, for example. But it's not for everyone. The relatively large number of CW seats - for example on the SuperJ 747s - means that more of us can afford to travel in business, it's certainly opened up the market.

For the OP and storage - yes that is a shortcoming on all BA's seating and your husband had an advantage present on relatively few CW seats of the side bins. The best solution I've heard (courtesy of CIHY) is a string bag with your various goodies, spectacles and what-not, then store it under the remote control inset or around the TV corner.