FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Front and backwards facing Business class seating
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:45 pm
Sunny 1

Front and backwards facing Business class seating

Apologies if this has already been addressed here. We recently flew LHR to IAD on BA 747 upper deck in front and backwards facing seats. I was a little worried upon booking but kept an open mind. Service was great, but if I have a choice, I will not book this configuration again. Traveling with my husband, he took the backward facing seat by the window with nice "niches" for storage. I was in the aisle seat. My only storage was overhead, no under seat in front to store items for takeoff and landing that I wanted access to during the flight. Lie flat bed was nice, but didn't feel as "private" from my across the aisle neighbor. It was awkward for the window seat person to step over the aisle person when seat was flat. Basically, I miss the big, business class seats that are 2, 2(or3), and 2 in business class as my husband and I always travel together across "the pond". Just curious why BA thinks the front facing/back facing configuration is a good idea.