FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to xONEx Rule Sheet
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:44 pm
stex

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Thanks to all for the clarifications. And thanks very much pandaperth for suggesting flights AA175/AA61, they are ideal to solve my routing issue. Unfortunately, at this time both flights are only active until November 28, 2017. I need to fly them in June 2018. Just spoke with AA (both RTW desk and PLT desk) and they do not know whether it will be scheduled after November 28. I am not sure if they are considered seasonal flights and whether there is a predictable timeframe for when AA will confirm or not the extension of these flights... if any of you have some insights on this, please let me know.

One more question about transfer rules. The following is copied from the "Transfers" section of xONEx fare rules retrieved from ExpertFlyer:

IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN EUROPE
VIA AFRICA.
AND
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN JAPAN /
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF KOREA / REPUBLIC OF KOREA/
SOUTHEAST ASIA VIA SOUTHWEST PACIFIC.
AND
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN NORTH
AMERICA VIA SOUTH AMERICA
7 TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.
2 PERMITTED TRANSFERS BETWEEN DOMESTIC
FLIGHT AND INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT WITHIN THE
FARE ORIGIN COUNTRY WITHIN ANY NATION

1 PERMITTED TRANSFERS BETWEEN DOMESTIC
FLIGHT AND INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT IN HAWAII
7 PERMITTED IN PANAMA/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A./
CANADA/PUERTO RICO/US VIRGIN ISLANDS/ALASKA/
MEXICO/INTERNATIONAL POINTS IN THE CARIBBEAN
AREA/CENTRAL AMERICA.
What is the meaning of this excerpt? I was specifically confused about the bolded parts. The way I understood it, is that you could have 2 North American domestic flights as transfers when flying back from South America... but I am probably wrong/very confused, so any insights on this would be greatly appreciated…! Thanks!