FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Few IROP and Related Questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:28 am
Dick Ginkowski

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
This sounds like one of the worst case scenarios in dealing with the DL bureaucracy -- and that it could have been handled better on the front-line. My experience is that some front-line personnel are very knowledgeable and helpful and others are deer in the headlights (or worse) when confronted with a problem. And when they do put you up at a hotel these days it's often a hair above a fleabag at MSP (though getting the Marriott at DTW happened, too) and at CVG it was a Hampton Inn (ordinarily OK but this one was smoky and run down). I've had some similar situations where IROPS caused me to miss the last flight into MKE but there was a flight to MSN. They put me on the MSN flight but said I was on my own as far as getting back to MKE but should do a TTU. Ditto for when I rejected the airline's choice of hotel and got an emergency rate at a Fairfield or Springhill. The $100 vouchers were enough to offset the one-way rental and also the hotel rooms. (As for DTW, the night at the Marriott came with an unexpected bonus. Marriott had a stay one night, get one free promotion and I got a cert for a free night at most Marriotts!)