FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Few IROP and Related Questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:07 am
bergamini

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
FWIW, here's an update on the resolution. I submitted a TTU "complaint" and didn't hear back in 40 days so I called in (not PM line, CS line -- they are separate and PM rep gave me CS line since I had a case # from email). No arguments, just a pleasant conversation although I was annoyed it took her a while to figure all that went on. Her original resolution was:

1. Full reimbursement of hotel and dinner, will take 6-8 weeks ($206 total)
2. Send request to some department for calculation & reimbursement of fare differential between A & whatever coach bucket they determine
3. Send request to another department for MQM bonus on coach legs (this is kind of double dipping but I feel earned)

Within 2 days, I got an email about a $110 credit on my Amex for downgrade fare differential. It posted immediately. I then got a check in the mail for $200 for involuntary downgrade which the CS rep did not mention and I appreciated. The MQM bonus quickly showed up. So all I'm waiting for is hotel/food which technically I could have expensed as we do flat rate billing per week to that client and I was < $2250 for Baltimore by at least that amount. But I was pretty ticked at DL

So the $200 reimbursement for downgrade (which PM desk has hedged about in past IROP situations) does appear to be legit if it goes to the right department. Nice bonus check today.