FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there something like SPG Ambassador? (How do i get special requests?)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:19 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Since you've already decided that without the Ambassador gimmick you are likely to wind up with someone "who may or may not care" here's a suggestion: Don't stay at a Marriott. Yes, Marriott does have a program akin to Ambassador. It's not published and if you have to ask, you're not important enough. I'm not, but I do know an SPG member who stays almost 200 nights/year who was contacted prior to a stay, so Marriott is on the lookout for these guests. Given Ambassador only requires 100 nights and the lowly Marriott PP usually requires more, as Marriott qualification was always more stringent than SPG's. Certainly the personalized premium level above PP will require much more than just a measly 100 nights.

BTW, even without the Ambassador gimmick, I emailed a hotel asking for something to honor my friends' wedding when they stayed in Venice on my points during their honeymoon. Champaign and fruit were waiting, with a note. I've checked into hotels on my birthday only to find personalized cakes and wine and other gifts, without having to mention the celebration. Friends went to Paris for their anniversary. His father wanted to send them on a nice dinner. I reached out to the hotel and they got difficult reservations and arranged the payment by email to the concierge. My sister and BIL had an anniversary cake waiting for them at my request. I offered to pay when I asked the hotel to do this, but was never charged. I've made a couple other requests just by calling, but these people might not care?

Last edited by CJKatl; Sep 28, 2017 at 3:30 pm