FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted promo] Triple miles when flying four AA flights through Jan 7, 2018
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:35 pm
camachinist

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
[Targeted promo] Triple miles when flying four AA flights through Jan 7, 2018

Couldn't find discussion of this in search and received this e-mail offer today. Here's the T&C's:

Terms and Conditions

*Eligible airlines include American Airlines, American EagleŽ service, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines, as well as eligible codeshare flights.

This is an exclusive offer only for members who received this email directly from American Airlines. You must register by 11:59 pm CDT on October 19, 2017 and prior to travel in order for your flights to count toward this promotion. Flights completed prior to registration are not eligible for the triple miles offer.

Qualification for the triple miles offer applies to flights on eligible, purchased, published fare tickets on select airlines between the date you register and January 7, 2018.

Upon meeting the required number of eligible flight segments, AAdvantage triple mile offer will apply to all eligible American Airlines, American EagleŽ service, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, and Japan Airlines marketed and operated flights for travel flown between registration date and January 7, 2018.

Travel flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the triple mile offer. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage Million MilerSM status. Triple miles will be calculated at 200% of the base miles earned.

---------------

My main question concerns the bolded, eligible flight segments. It sounds to me that the four flight segments required don't require separate tickets or purchases, rather flying specific segments. As example, I've got a one-way with three segments booked in F for mid-month Oct. It's only one ticket but three flight segments. Does that count for three of four segments or do I misunderstand?

Anyone else get this?