FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:42 pm
Traveler Dave

Any opinions on what is the best beach suites?

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Oh...the black and white pic has all the bungalow numbers. Maybe it is too small to read. You can right click on the image and save it on your computer, then open the image file and enlarge it.

I personally think that the best horizon overwater bungalow is # 24 and probably it's the best of the best among all overwater bungalows, and the first runner up are # 23 and # 25. I would avoid any horizon ones # 29- # 37 facing south (facing the shorter pontoon bungalows across the lagoon), because the view is not as good as those facing Sofitel Motu and the bungalows themselves block the sun on the decks after 1pm. For bungalows # 18- # 26, you will get the maximum sunshine hours on the deck.
Originally Posted by mercruiser
The IC Tahiti is a wonderful property with a beautiful view of Moorea. I wouldn't be in a hurry to rush out on your second day. Have a leisurely morning and relax - you're on vacation.

If you go to Moorea first thing, your room will not be ready. I stay at the Hitlon, and every time the lobby is full of people who took the red-eye flight from LAX. They arrive on Moorea at 8:00 a.m. and sit in the lobby, looking tired, waiting until their room is ready in the afternoon. (I don't know why they don't change their clothes and spend the morning at the pool on those comfy loungers.)

I've done both. I slightly prefer the ferry. It's very nice to get out on the water after a long flight. The ferry cost a lot less than the flight (see exception below).

One time I took the flight from Moorea to Tahiti. I bought a "Bora Bora Pass" from Air Tahiti https://www.airtahiti.com/multiisland-fares because it only cost 10 euros more that a Tahiti-Bora round trip. So I was basically getting the Moorea-Tahiti flight for 10 euros. That flight is very short (15 minutes in the air). It is nice to see Moorea and Tahiti from an airplane.

Yes, I got a welcoming gift and a fruit plate and bottled water. Don't expect a room upgrade. I've never gotten one. Some others have. It's not a sure thing.