FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to xONEx Rule Sheet
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:21 pm
stex

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I am currently attempting to add one continent and change routing to an existing AA ticketed DONE4 ex-CAI. I have flown 2 segments and 14 remain... well, I have actually flown 3 segments, but they will count as 2 segments, I was protected with an extra connection in AMM due to the QR ban.

Segments flown (will count as 2 segments):
CAI-xAMM-xDOH-JFK

New routing changes for the remaining 14 segments :
JFK-LAX-xDFW-JFK-xMIA-CCS-xMIA-xJFK-NRT-CGK-xNRT-HKG-MAD-JNB-DOH

Called the AA RTW desk today and they declined to make the following routing change as it is not allowed:
CCS-xMIA-xJFK-NRT

Soon into the conversation they stated that the new 2 stopover rule for North America will not apply in my case, and that they have to go with the rules at the time of ticketing (November 2016). That is, the old rules discussed earlier in this thread - only one stopover and one transfer. Which works for me, as I do not need to make a second stopover in North America, only transfer to reach Asia.

But what they refer to as "one transfer" is actually one single connectio. AA only flies to CCS from MIA and there are no OW direct flights from MIA to Asia.

Is AA RTW desk correct about this? I thought we could have more than one connection during a North America "transfer", as long as the connecting flights were under 24hr and you had enough North American segments available.

After about 1 hour on the phone with no flexibility on their part, I said that I would call back once I reviewed the old rules in more detail. I do not have the November 2016 rules, I wonder if any if you have them and could share some insights on this issue...

Thanks

Last edited by stex; Sep 27, 2017 at 8:00 pm