FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chance of schedule change from Sept to March?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:01 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeyp224
AA currently has their finalized schedule load through January 7 (happened over this past weekend). For March I would expect the finalized schedule to be loaded in November/December. Usually it is just a shift of a couple of minutes, but it can definitely be more than that if the change frequencies, etc.
With no change in frequencies, this past weekend AA moved the "daytime" LAX-BNA flights 6ish hours forward eastbound and 4ish hours forward westbound, while upgrading from a 319 to a 738.

Now, that's the route I was looking at, so I don't know if it's a rare exception or not, but that's way more than a couple minutes.

I think what may happened in that case is that DL has had a flight on that route for a couple years that was at close to the same time as the original "daytime" AA flight, and AA presumably decided (a) that they wanted to not compete at the same hour with DL, and/or (b) that they wanted flights people could take after work instead of in the middle of the day.

I don't know how often AA makes such "drastic" changes just a few months ahead.

I also assume that this flight, since it arrives in BNA at midnight, is no longer a continuation to/from CLT as it was when it was a 319? That implies there may be other changes on BNA-CLT that match the LAX-BNA changes?