FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:55 pm
AbyssalLoris

New to this whole thing here. I have some specific questions I hope someone can address:

I'm not really interested in MS or cycling, if I understand the terms right. All I want to do is pay bills like rent and earn some rewards (especially use that to meet minimum spending). Is Serve a good tool to use for this? Any reason this activity alone would anger Amex? I fail to see why it should. My approach would be:

Buy some variety of GC (not sure yet which) at CVS or elsewhere with a non-Amex card. This has nothing to do with Amex. If I use a Chase card for example, the only problem should be the fee paid for GC.

Load this onto a Serve (not sure which variety is best) at FD/DG/WM or elsewhere, with no human interaction, preferably. Potential areas of concern are fee to load and any monthly Serve fees. Why should Amex have a problem with my loading a debit-GC onto it if I am not trying to MS/earn rewards on any Amex card?

Use loaded Serve to billpay (through check for example) my rent.

Is there any reason Chase or Amex should dislike this process? Your answers are appreciated.