FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New hub in Poland (?) [CPK discussion]
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:47 am
Lack

Originally Posted by Fanjet
How did TXL get some LCCs to switch over to SXF last decade? Would those carriers prefer to help cover the costs for a $10 billion new airport? Warsaw already has two functional airports. And one of them still has plenty of open space around it to build a new terminal facility.
Why don't you tell us how, if you're advocating for it?

Originally Posted by hugolover
This further highlights what a huge clusterF EU transport spending is. Poland already has at least four "green field" airports as Oliver2002 puts it. One is Łódź! Radom (RDO), Rzeszów (RZE) and Lublin (LUZ), all heavily subsidised by the (Western) European taxpayer of which Poland is a huge net benefactor. I am sure Poland would be happy to see their taxes pay for the likes of Carlisle (CAX) to have a flight to SEN. They were so desperate to spend it or lose it that that money was catastrophically wasted when a far better case could have been made to expand WAW, as if this comes at a shock? It's absolutely perverse.
I have my doubts that LH, AF and BA would stay silent if EU money went towards WAW...

Originally Posted by hugolover
With all that spare cash they desperately spent on LCJ, LUZ, RZE and RDO they should have just distributed it out so everyone can pay off their car leases, a bit like the Maltese did with the Tallinja .
I don't think the couple million clunkers that Polish people got of western roads were leases. But the vehicles Ferrovial, Skanska, Strabag and other foregin firms got for their employees probably were...