FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help - 2 4 1 Club bumped to WT+ at check in
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:25 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by TPloser
Refering to your earlier post mentioning involving AMEX then if this was a breach of contract type situation then it shuld also include AMEX because the condition of the 2-4-1 voucher is that you must use the AMEX card associated with the voucher to pay the taxes and extra surcharges BA impose which would bring AMEX into breach also under credit card regs I believe.

I've got a 2-4-1 redemption shortly and if I was downgraded and the voucher was returned it expires within a week so not much use to me. Likewise a 75% refund of AVIOS would not allow me to book another long haul to the same destination even if reward availability was around and if I got 75% avios back I could not go back to the same destination so would not be impressed and would want to take it further with both to ensure I had a voucher with a further 2 year validity and full avios refund plus... (wishful thinking maybe but is probably the minimum I would expect from BA and AMEX for us bottom feeders who take years to generate enough avios for a flight - I'd probably be doubley upset if it was to happen - first on downgrade secondly on compensation by the sounds of this thread ).
Reading most of the posts on the EC261 thread, it would appear that BA do not refund the Amex voucher.