FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:28 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Exactly. DM really has no real additional benefits, other than the DM Choice Benefits.

DM, PM, and even GM are all SkyTeam Gold Elite Plus : what really matters and makes a difference, and PM gets the award redeposit fee waiver, the other important thing.

Any other benefits are all marketing fluff in my eyes and have no real impact. But, of course that is just me. It may be different for others with different travel and redemption patterns.
Flying international the GU's are really nice but problem is they can be hard to use. If Delta is going to make DM so hard to achieve with such a higher MQD requirement they can at least make the GU's easier to use and open up a minimum number of eligible seats on every flight, there have been flights with no inventory I've tried to use them on with no occupied J seats.

One other benefit I like being a hub captive though is the co-terminal benefit and I will miss that if I drop to PM but with the new SDC policy that benefit isn't nearly as useful on coach fares as it was in the past.