FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:06 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I've had 4 AmEx cards - Plat, DL Plat, Personal Reserve and Business Reserve for two of us. Now cancelling all but the Plat. Saving well over $1,000 in fees and moving $180,000 in spend over to Chase. Getting off the treadmill will be liberating.
Still not sure why DL made such a drastic move to reduce the number of Diamonds. With FCM, upgrades are worthless when needed.
And in the case where I mentioned upthread where the husband of an employee of mine is going to drop to PM after this change and is going to start just buying FC fares on flights that matter to him, it is going to make upgrades for DM's even harder if the former DM's just do what he is doing and purchasing FC fares outright.

With the new international aircrafts that GU's aren't going to be as valuable if they can only be used to upgrade to C+ for the DM's flying those routes. For hub captives like me FC upgrades will probably also decrease since people buying the international C+ fare will be booked in F for their connection flights.

Hopefully Delta will start increasing the benefits for diamonds. For one they could bring back the old SDC policy as a diamond benefit.