FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:25 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
Sirs and madams, as said
1. No complaint in public media
2. Can't attached links here

As said, even I post complaint to TripAdvisor for SPG/Marriott group, they will be appreciate but not angry. It is normal response for an international hotel group.

It is no idea about why a service provider can act as a princess.
I honestly dont kow who feels being a princess.

Please drop the Inno-tech world stuff - you cannot expect other industries opt for your "standards" nor to force they act by your "standards."

The way I see it, you took the status matches to gain the Diamond benefits, which include enhanced earnings and such, TWICE.

You used 2 accounts to buy points to the maximum allowed amount. Then you pooled the points together so you could more effectively use them. Otherwise I could not think of WHY you pooled points at the first place. Why not booked the hotel in the boyfriend's account? May be you were feeling his account could be in danger so you tried to preserve those points by pooling them to your account?

By now you should see WHY HHonors shuts you down - your sole purposes of opening new accounts are to be able to purchase pts so with the unique situation where the hotel rates are low, it is an effectively way to reduce the stay costs via points even the points costed money to buy. That arbitration alone by itself, is not a violation.

The violation is you circumvent the yearly cap of point purchases by pooling the points. With a new account, that has status match, it would trigger review. The so-called "complaints" are just a front to give you an excuse, though it apparently is not without merit.

You revenue stays were low value, yet you have gotten 80K compensation including something like 30K from a DT? (dont feel like spend time to scroll back just from the memory from previous reading).

I have missed it, what was the background you got 30K compensation from the DT? and another sizable compensation?

All in all, the "courtesy points" account for 1/3 or close to 1/2 of your total account balance - that is A LOT.

No hotel chains want a customer in your profile, regardless how you try to sugarcoat your "motives" that you love Hilton and wants it to improve... Really BS.

On top of that, your post cited below seems to imply that you are afraid your Marriott accounts can be shut down so you want a back up hotel chain...

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
So if you have a baby hilton in April and did not like hilton why do it again in July and keep teaching Hilton and buy Honors cloths when you have elder kid Marriott?
Just stay with Marriott (unless elder kid Marriott closed your xxx...)

Make sense?
What makes you feel your elder kid Marriott account is endangered to be closed? Some same questionable behaviors that you suspect would trigger that? I am sure the thread readers would like to hear.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 26, 2017 at 2:35 pm