FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replacement BA Lounge at NBO???
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:27 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Africanflyer1955
As many will know the NBO lounge was lost in the fire a few years ago. I came back from NBO last night for the first time in a couple of months and was offered use of the Turkish Airlines lounge at gate 3.

Theoretically this is good news but as well as serving Turkish this is also the Priority Pass lounge at NBO and has been a bit of haven during the interim arrangements. Last night it was rammed but as several flights were called about the same time as the BA flight, it was not posssible to determine if it was the extra BA pax that made it so full.

It was unclear if the lounge was just being offered to C and F or all BAEC members with status.

The lounge is at Gate 3 and about a 10 minute walk from the normal BA gate.

The lifts and escalators at NBO from immigration to gate level are still out of action after many weeks.
I am sat at the Turkish Airlines lounge at NBO at this moment. And I use the term 'sat' extremely loosely as it is packed to the gills with literally nowhere to sit unless you want to go into the pitch black, foul smelling,dungeon that is the 'quiet zone'. They just asked one person to stand up to accommodate a woman in a wheelchair. They just called the LH flight and literally two people got up and left so at least I was able to dive into their seats before anyone else could.

We are squeezed into the very back row by the windows, managed by handing our carryons over the knees of other passengers as they have crammed seats in so there is precious little room to move with peoples' bags in the aisles, with freezing arctic air blowing at gale force levels from the AC right down on us. I can't tell what the food offerings are like as I am now boxed in and can't get out. If this is the best BA has to offer, it is terrible. If I could get out, I would run to the Aspire lounge. It has to be better than this.