FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:08 am
Zoe Tse

Originally Posted by MP001
OP, every comment you add raises more questions:

"Both of us are platinum of Marriott and never been Hilton, just matched Hilton at Apr and July 2017."

So if you status matched in April and did not like Hilton, why do it again in July and keep staying at Hilton properties and buy Honors point when you are Diamond Marriott?
Just stay with Marriott (unless they closed your account...)
So if you have a baby hilton in April and did not like hilton why do it again in July and keep teaching Hilton and buy Honors cloths when you have elder kid Marriott?
Just stay with Marriott (unless elder kid Marriott closed your xxx...)

Make sense?

Originally Posted by PayItForward
Agreed. OP, could you share some of your feedbacks posted on the various travel portals?
Sirs and madams, as said
1. No complaint in public media
2. Can't attached links here

As said, even I post complaint to TripAdvisor for SPG/Marriott group, they will be appreciate but not angry. It is normal response for an international hotel group.

It is no idea about why a service provider can act as a princess.

Originally Posted by chrism20
Doesn't the system prevent you from purchasing if you have reached the limit for the year? I can't see Hilton shutting the account down solely because the OP had somehow managed to purchase more points than was allowed if they went through the normal purchasing channel to acquire them.

OP are you able to post a link to the reviews you put online? It may make things a bit clearer if we can actually see what you have written/reviewed.

It's possible that a few of the hotels that you have complained about are all owned or operated by the same company/Franchise. The hotels will be charged a fee by Hilton for handling the complaints and it's possible your name has popped up on the monthly return to Hilton a few times in quick succession and a beancounter has spotted it, raised it with management as a concern and they have duly asked HH to take a look at the account.

Also I'm sure you are aware that your "Worth" as a customer is also tracked by hotel companies. They have CRM systems that are pretty good at calculating how valuable a customer you are etc etc. All the feedback, complaints, compliments, compensation, in-hotel spending etc etc is logged on Hiltons OnQ system. If you are non-profitable or a perpetual complainer you will flag in no time at all whilst Hilton have been known in the past to "Invite customers to stop staying with them" following bouts of perpetual complaining.
In fact, we are OK to leave Hilton if compensation for points.
1. We stay in hilton since points incentives.
2. We buy points as points is a great choice for cat 1 2 hotels
3. We give comments since we love to contribute. "make it better", "fight for excellent", "we have a dream" are all our slogans in inno-tech world and they all eager for comment.
4. T&C which used to earn money which over what committed, it is dishonest. It is no reason for any merchant to earn much more than they provided no matter any reasons or any T&Cs.
5. It is no warning / no facts but suddenly closed 2 accounts. What we did just before closed is only pooling points from my boyfriend. (More than 20 posts in Chinese are account closed by pooling)
6. Over weeks, hilton did not directly handle the case but only reply 2 emails with content:
I. Accounts closed since violated T&C (no facts)
II. Accounts will not be consider to re-open since we give too much complaint.

It is terrible that an international hotel groups can do it as a dishonest merchant to overselling coupons. Selling points in half price and closed all members accounts if they "believe" / "suspect" violation of T&C and they DO preserve the right to change T&C.

It is totally not make sense for consumer protection.

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
In fact, we are OK to leave Hilton if compensation for points.
1. We stay in hilton since points incentives.
2. We buy points as points is a great choice for cat 1 2 hotels
3. We give comments since we love to contribute. "make it better", "fight for excellent", "we have a dream" are all our slogans in inno-tech world and they all eager for comment.
4. T&C which used to earn money which over what committed, it is dishonest. It is no reason for any merchant to earn much more than they provided no matter any reasons or any T&Cs.
5. It is no warning / no facts but suddenly closed 2 accounts. What we did just before closed is only pooling points from my boyfriend. (More than 20 posts in Chinese are account closed by pooling)
6. Over weeks, hilton did not directly handle the case but only reply 2 emails with content:
I. Accounts closed since violated T&C (no facts)
II. Accounts will not be consider to re-open since we give too much complaint.

It is terrible that an international hotel groups can do it as a dishonest merchant to overselling coupons. Selling points in half price and closed all members accounts if they "believe" / "suspect" violation of T&C and they DO preserve the right to change T&C.

It is totally not make sense for consumer protection.
In short, it is no other example to close 2 accounts at the same time, particular for my account. I made nothing complaints and new match for totally 10 stays only. Hilton closed our both accounts by mistake since they "believe" my boyfriend sold me points.

However, finally, Hilton can keep them closed by "suspecting violated T&C". members can do nothing. Complaint is invalid in consumer council of both HK and China, since Hilton Honor have no office neither HK nor China.

What should/can a flyer (freq travellers) do if it is the fact?

Thanks for your support/advice.
​​​​​​

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 6, 2017 at 7:19 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts