FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:03 am
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by Davyboyo
I may have left it too long to do the CFPB as I wasnt aware I could even do that until I read it on a thread here 2 months later. I do remember having about 2K pending in Safeway VGCS on one of the cards at the time I got the letter. I paid each off before statement close each month but as mentioned earlier the returned payments due to the incorrect banking info was the killer. I even spoke to someone at the bank and he listed the reasons in the letters for the shutdown. One nice thing was that I had just reached min spend on my CSP just as I was shutdown and was not sure if I would get the bonus. A few weeks later the points posted which I was surprised about. They do try to be as helpful as possible while cutting your legs off at the knees!
yes. letting it sit for 2 months may have given chase enough time to have a change of heart for the remaining few. during the height of the chaos, people were getting reinstated left and right. almost as if it was just a normal "fraud alert" scenario. one DP even showed how stupid brazen some of these n00bs were via apping CC1, shut down, reinstated, recon CC1 again, shut down, reinstated, stopped apping but kept MSing. like wattf. calm the helz down.

sure, the returned payments triggered a manual review, but wish you had CFPBed earlier! hope other banks are enough for your plans. if you use other SSN for chase, make sure they are not ur address or AU or anything related to ur SSN. they will get shut down too.