FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:57 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by Davyboyo
They had a few reasons on the letters they sent out but I recall "rapidly increasing balances" being the common theme. CIP/CSR/CSP/United. It may have been a combination of factors and maybe they would have overlooked the MSing but I believe I was considered high risk due to too many new accounts, rapidly increasing balances and the obvious MSing may have been the tipping point. I did file a cfpb to no avail.
appreciate your DP and response. just like another poster, i am surprised they gave you enough detail in the letter for you to guess the real issue. i cant believe a CFPB did nothing.

"rapidly increasing balances" seems to be the common theme for many Chase shutdowns, but its more about high spending spikes outside the norm. u only did MSR. or you let ur cards close with high balances which showed up on the CR? doesnt sound like it.

you just did MSR which is low vol IMHO. thats why i was shocked to see your DP. very concerning. however, ur DP is just like all others during the massive chase sweep back in Q2 when many got shutdown but reinstated. its a shame u didnt get that chance. sorry to hear man. that really sucks.

many others had worse stats compared to u filling out the 5/24 slots ASAP and hitting MSR for the free trip to HI during the summer. everyone was warned. i am surprised reinstatement was even allowed. sorry to hear man.