FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lima lounges
Thread: Lima lounges
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:35 pm
zpaul

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by londinense
I have just checked in at Lima, asked if the lounge was open and was told it was. No further explanation or offer of a voucher. Well, of course the longe was open, but not for LATAM passengers! I only discovered this on being turned away at the Sumaq Lounge. (I had not read this thread)
I suppose that we have to remember that this is LATAM, known the world over for its spectacular and exemplary passenger service on the ground (believe that and I'll sell you a ticket on Baltia Air).

I do think it's disgraceful that they told you the lounge was open, as though you have access to it, and didn't provide any type of voucher for airside services. There are regular reports here in Chile about the financial difficulties LATAM finds itself in after the LAN-TAM merger, but cutting back on the pax experience is not going to get them far. AV has big plans for the region, and while LATAM is firmly established for now, they can't rest on their (diminishing) laurels.

I've been lucky to avoid LIM entirely as a connecting airport, and this just makes me plan around it all the more.

Last edited by zpaul; Sep 26, 2017 at 3:31 am