FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit hotel/lounge at Doha airport options?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:07 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'd disagree with 'quiet' for the quiet zone: people arrive and leave at any time and as there are no full walls (just partial partitions) between the quiet zone booths, you hear alarm clocks ringing (lounge is 24 hours but so are departures), people coughing and snoring, luggage rolling, people enquiring about showers or going in and out of the shower rooms (shower reception is the same as quiet area one) etc. So I think it's great to relax, but sleep is often difficult and sometimes impossible for many. If you are the sort who can sleep anywhere when tired of course that's another story.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. It wasn't as bad as you describe when I was there a few days ago, and doesn't bother me anyway, though. And, perhaps to set the tone, the QR staff person was whispering while I was there. I think that I'm going to do it again next week, 2350 arrival and 0740 departure. Doesn't seem worth it to leave the airport to go to a hotel.