FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi ThankYou points - cancel, downgrade & expiration considerations (2012 - 2023)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:30 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neony77
can you PC from Prestige to Citi double cash? Looking to downgrade wife's Prestige, that is the only Citi card she has. Not interested in any retention offers, goal is to preserve the CL. If double cash is not possible, which is the next best option for a no fee card? Very minimal TYP left in the account so preserving/using those points is also a non-issue. Thanks!
I don't know offhand. The answer may be upthread in some post, or in the retention thread (search for "Prestige" in each thread to find posts about it)..

I do know that Citi has allowed downgrades from other annual fee cards, even partner annual fee cards, to DoubleCash, so I don't see why they wouldn't for Prestige, but I don't know whether they do for a fact.

If they don't, the other options to consider would be AT&T Access (if you don't already have the Access More card), since it gives you 2x on many online purchases, or Citi TYP Preferred, since in the latter case you wouldn't lose any of your points from the prestige (though you would lose the ability to transfer them to most partners).