FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit hotel/lounge at Doha airport options?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:57 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by flybie
Hi I'll be flying Qatar airways in business class, arriving doha at around midnight. My flight does not qualify me for the transit hotel that arranged by Qatar, with that being said, what are my options to stay at night in the airport and don't want to exit immigration control to catch my flight at 6am in the morning back to US?

Not sure if the business class lounge opens 24 hours or not?
Al Mourjan (business class lounge) is open 24×7. So one option would be to go to the quiet rooms in the far shower area. I just did that a few days ago for a 14 hour layover, and it was fine. The sofas are deep enough to allow you to sleep almost as if you're in a bed. It's quiet and dark (but not completely blacked out). One thing, they tend to keep the temperature fairly cool, so a sweater or jacket might be helpful. I wished that I had one when I was there.

If you want to stay airside, there's always the airport hotel. I'm told that it's very nice, but fairly expensive.

By my calculations, you only have four hours at most to sleep. I'm not sure that getting a hotel room is worth it, certainly not worth leaving the airport to do so. I'd say that with that amount of time, your options are the two I outlined above. If you're not price-sensitive, then go for the Airport Hotel. Otherwise, the quiet rooms would continue to be my choice. I slept fine there.