FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:01 pm
Nazdoom

Thanks for the replies. I imagine my best shot would be in Vancouver because I can do it whenever; I've exhausted two months abroad this year and have no further travel for the next 6 months at least.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Some have reported being able to book a meeting at a fairly cheap property and not show up but still get the credit. Do you have CC nights coming? Other earned nights. How about setting up a meeting at your next stay? Remember, award nights count for tier status too.

Also, if you want to play the rollover game, if you don't have Plat status now, keeping the nights just under 75 will get you rollover nights next year.
I got 15 CC nights credited this year already but the only Marriott card in Canada has now left the market so I can't reapply. Can't get US cards in foreseeable future.

I've spent all my points and redeemed 46 nights this year across four continents. It looks to me as if booking a meeting is my best bet. I can try at my upcoming stay at Hong Kong Courtyard (included in my 65 nights total). Should I call Marriott or just ask the hotel directly? If it's market-based pricing, I might be well advised to book in Vancouver at the lowest of low seasons.