FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Check-In LAX
Thread: BA Check-In LAX
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:58 pm
Gishua

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I do not believe there is a pay-for-access lounge in TBIT. There was one some years back, but I have heard it went kaput during the extensive renovations at TBIT. (I could be wrong. I am not really a lounge lizard.)

However... once you check in your luggage at the BA check in desk and pass through TSA and are airside, you can go through the connector back to T4 where the Admirals Club sells day passes for $59.

Be aware, though, that at this point in time (Sept 2017) the T4 AC is closed for renovations. Day passes have not been sold at that club since renovation started, by AA policy. There is an AC in T5, accessible through the T4-T5 tunnel, but I doubt if they will sell a day pass either, to cut down on crowding.

The T4 AC is supposed to be open sometime in November, however, this is only the latest of a rolling series of planned openings. Originally, it was supposed to be all done by "Spring 2017". (sarcasm) Ha! (/sarcasm)

If you are flying in late November, there is a chance the T4 AC might be open by then. (See sarcasm comments above.) My suggestion to you is to check the AA website before you leave to see if it's open and if day passes are, once again, available for purchase on site.

If you are flying in the next month or two, personally, I would forget about getting a lounge unless you have access to a lounge in TBIT due to your elite status or class of travel. The newly renovated TBIT has plenty of interesting shops and restaurants. With 4 hours between landing, getting your bags, schlepping to TBIT, checking in and passing though TSA, I don't really think you'll have a lot of time to go out looking for, and enjoying, a lounge.

Just find a nice spot in the main departure area and wait there. LAX has made a serious effort to include local specialty restaurants with good quality food.

Thank you again for the plethora of information we are leaving Oct 13 so the club wont be open in the connecting terminals. As you stated I think we will just enjoy the TBIT terminal.