FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:03 am
KathinJax

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by cm007d
I was also looking for flight next year just to gauge how bad availability would be from JFK-Tokyo and its pretty non-existent. I even logged on my ana account to see if availability would be different on ANA than through partners. Also no availability.
I could be wrong, but I searched on the United website and found availability JFK-Tokyo. In August of next year, there seems to be 2 First seats available on most days. A few things that I noticed while I was watching availability -

1. Outbound Fri/Sat never seems to be available. Only Sun-Thurs. Inbound doesn’t seem to have the same pattern.
2. United receives award inventory around 320 days out. Today is 9/23, awards have been released through 8/13 on outbound.
3. At times, I found up to 3 first/business class seats available.
4. NYC and IAD seem to book up the fastest, followed by Chicago, San Fran, LA and IAH. I could never get an idea about SEA or YVR. You might want to position to the West Coast for your award if you can’t find seats from the East Coast.
5. Many times, First class is the easier award to get.
6. You can do an open jaw, but the agents might not know that you can. My agent was surprised that she could book it that way.

Hopefully, this helps - and of course, YMMV on booking these awards.

I attached a couple of pictures to show what I found on United (2 seats - the non stops are on ANA)
Attached Images